Thursday, November 14, 2013

Hand Stamped Christmas Ornament Tiles

These were so much fun to make - I can't wait to include these in packages being shipped out this holiday! They were easy to make and can be personalized in so many different ways.


Here are my supplies - 2x2 inch ceramic tiles (I found mine at Home Depot), some scraps of felt to cut into 2x2 inch squares, StazOn ink (or any other all-surface ink), coordinating ribbon, heavy duty glue, magnets, glue-on bails (I found mine at Michaels in the jewelry aisle) and a holiday rubber stamp.


As I stamped these, I had to blot some of the ink off onto a sheet of paper so that the ink wasn't so heavy on the tiles, but after I got the hang of it, it made a great impression.



I added the silver bails to some of the tiles:

I also tried some of them with little ribbon hangers, I really like how these turned out as well:

Magnets can also be applied instead of hangers. To cover up the gluing of the bails and the ribbon, I cut the felt into 2x2 inch squares and glued them over the backs of the tiles:

A perfect, little, personalized ornament!




4 comments:

*Wisher* said...

this is a great idea.. thank you for sharing the tutorial.. :D

Wren said...

This is a fantastic idea! My first thought was wouldn't they be a bit heavy, but then it occurred to me that they would hang really nicely as a result. Great job! Thanks so much for sharing ~x~

Regina in Santa Clara said...

Just the "look" I was after! Thank you for the idea!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.